At a glance: (topics covered)
- Style directions: Lots of different looks including make-up, hair and accessories directions. It's is the book to choose if you wants a retro look or for a costumes party.
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 4.1 x 1 inches
- Pages: 223 p.
- Printing quality.: CMYK, matte finish.
Inside the book:
- This book shows 45 different looks, from ethnic to trendies ones: American Indian, Arabian, Aviatrix, Business woman, Castaway, Cat Woman, Classicist, Cossack, Dancer, Dandy, Debuntante, Fair Islander, Fifties Fashionable, Fisherwoman, Flapper, Forties Fashionable, Futuristic, Gentleman, Gibson Girl, Gypsy, Horsewoman, Immigrant (the Annie Hall look), Indian, Innocent, Lady, Landowner, Latin, Little Boy, Movie Star, Ocean Voyager, Oriental, Outdoor Girl, Pirate, Punkette, Sailor, Schoolgirl, Scotswoman, Shepherdess, Soldier, Sportswoman, Sweater Girl, Vamp, Worker and Young Romantic.
It gives you every clue to "get the look": Background, Characteristics, accessories, Face & Hair, and other ideas.
- Neil Greer drawings show any detail you could need, from shapes to prints... He hits the nail on the head on every small detail.
In my opinion: The Drawings are totally 80's, but I love them. They look like some Antonio's drawings...
This book is quite dated but it doesn't mind if you're going retro. If you're more into getting inspiration for a style you love, it is so detailed that you can easily update the look.
I bought it just for fun but right now I love it. It shows every style and trend that has been inspiring for High Couture and Catwalks. It's still worth it for fashion students, costumes lovers and curious beings like me.